: : Peas and Turnips with Bacon
Author: Simple Foodie
Peas and Turnips with Bacon
|| 1/2 cup
|| 1/2 lb
||chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
||1 1/4 lbs
||peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
| green pea (frozen)
- In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the bacon until brown. Remove the bacon to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
- Add the butter to the stockpot to melt.
- Add the chopped turnips to the stockpot and sauté for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the peas and mix thoroughly. Cook until the peas are cooked through.
- Add the bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
<!- AddThis Bookmark Button BEGIN ->
<!-AddThis Bookmark Button END -->