Author: Simple Foodie
Filet Mignon Medallions
| filet mignon
||cut into 1 inch thick by 2 inch wide medallions
|| 1/2 tsp
| black pepper
|| 1/4 tsp
| vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take some butcher cord. Wrap around each medallion and tie tightly to insure the medallion keeps its round shape during cooking.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in an oven proof skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Season the filet mignon medallions on each side with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side of the filet mignon medallion for about 2 minutes. Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The steaks will be medium rare.
- Remove the filet mignon medallions from the skillet and allow them to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
When you go to the meat store ask them for filet mignon medallions. 1 medallion per person.
<!- AddThis Bookmark Button BEGIN ->
<!-AddThis Bookmark Button END -->